TRANSFORM YOUR MOVEMENT AREA INTO A FUNCTIONING CITY
The Scooter Board City PE Activity and Plan is a FUN and ENERGETIC set of city sign visuals that can get your students ENGAGED and MOVING around the gym or playing area! Ideal for your younger-age students, this activity gives learners the opportunity to move about the room riding their scooter boards safely, while following directional, caution, speed limit, and parking signs set out throughout the movement area. Students even learn to use traffic lights, round-a-bouts and stop signs. As in any city, students can park and take part in activities along their routes…they really LOVE that part of the class!!!
There are over 80 pre-made Scooter City signs (with the Scooter City logo on them), and there is also an additional EDITABLE file that gives you the ability to create your own city signs. I have included in a zip file with both a PDF and JPG version for the pre-made signs that you can print from. Some printers do better with one format or the other. You most likely will not be able to use every sign. There are just too many. You can easily look through the signs and sign descriptions and print only what you might use to fit your unique situation, equipment and environment. The editable file is in PowerPoint so you can just fill in the blanks where it says EDIT.
With the complete set, you will also find a detailed Activity (Lesson) Plan with standards, modifications and detailed instructions for use. An optional Scooter Board City license visual (in PDF format- 4 to a sheet- 2 color versions) is in the Scooter Board City resource as well.
The Scooter Board City PE activity is very versatile and can be changed each time you use it to make it even more fun and different for the kids. It can be simple, elaborate or somewhere in between. The choice is up to you!
WHAT’S IN THE SCOOTER BOARD CITY PACKET?
1. INTRODUCTORY PACKET
* Includes the cover, what is in the complete packet, how to use and provides image credit and a copyright statement
2. PRESET SCOOTER BOARD CITY SIGNS
* Over 80 pre-set city signs that can be set up and used for students to follow and move to. They include 1. Stop and Directional Signs, 2. Traffic Lights, 3.Caution and Warning Signs, 4. Speed Limit signs, 5. Parking and Warning Signs, 6. Street, Highway and Toll Signs, 7. Important Places, and 8. Activities to do in town
3. EDITABLE SIGNS
* Blank signs with fill in the blanks editable text areas. This is a Power Point document
4. ACTIVITY (LESSON) PLAN
* A detailed plan with SHAPE America Standards, outcomes, equipment, set-up, instructions, modifications/adaptations, and essential questions
5. OPTIONAL SCOOTER BOARD CITY DRIVER’S LICENSE VISUAL
* 2 color schemes of PRINTABLE Scooter Board City licenses are included. This file is in PDF. Just write in the student's name, supervisor's name and date of completion