The PE Assessment Series- Galloping packet is a series of assessment sheets using the following 4 formats:
* Teacher Assessment (Pre-test/Post-test)
* Teacher Assessment (Single Test Version)
* Self-Assessment and
Each assessment format can be used by a physical education teacher for formative or summative assessment purposes.The different sheets share the same visuals, element descriptors and basic rubric system.The teacher versions (Pre/Post-test and Single test variation) allow for scoring to be conducted by the teacher while the peer and self-reflection versions provide an area for student reflection.
The Galloping Assessment sheets provide columns with the following components:
* Visuals to help the students and teachers see the desired movements
* Element/Cue descriptors that define the components of the skill
* Columns with animated ball visuals that students and teachers use to indicate (by circling) whether they “got it” or they are still “working on” the skill
Included in the packet is a “Working with PE Skill Assessment Data” guide and a PE Skill Outcome Scoring Rubric that can be used for student grading purposes.